Monday, February 25, 2013

Sweet trends... this years pretty pastel colours!

Spring is about to burst through for many of us in the northern hemisphere... and I think that we have all had enough of the snow and cold cold days!


On opening my monthly (women's) magazine I was excited to see such a stunning collection of fashion ideas for the Spring that reminded me of 'sugared almonds', a beautiful array of pretty pastel shades!



So, I flicked open my NEW Qualatex catalogue and selected the balloons colours that reflected the same stunning shades! And look at how beautifully they blend together! 





NEW Caribbean Blue
Pearl Mint Green
Pearl Peach
Ivory
Pearl Lemon Chiffon
Pearl Pink
Pearl Lavender




Reading through some 'trend websites', it would appear that pastels are very much 'in' this spring, combining a mixture of different pastel tones with greys to give a romantic look and feel!

Are you using Pinterest yet? Pinterest is a fantastic source inspiration. I know that many balloon companies point their brides in that direction, but I also use Pinterest to inspire me, looking at wedding designs and ideas that are not balloon related and thinking how they could be adapted to work with balloons!
This is a sample of a Pinterest board created by Fiona Bithell, she has a whole board on the colour trend 'Sugared Almonds'  http://pinterest.com/fibiff/sugared-almonds/. Fiona Bithell has some truly great boards, non of them balloon related but very inspiring!

Just type in Wedding Trends 2013 on the Pinterest search and see what comes up...

Did you know, that you can have a 'For Your Eyes' secret boards? I often repin ideas that I see and that I want to 'have a go' at with balloons... and maybe I am not quite ready to share my ideas, I suppose you could call my own personal inspiration board!

There will be those of you who are wondering why we need to know about colour trends and themes, especially for weddings, as this is something the bride will already chosen? However, knowing what the trends and seasonal colours are in advance will help you to be the expert with your brides, it will also give you the insight on how to plan your wedding fair designs and decor to appeal to the brides... remember that some brides will need help as they often get a little confused and want to combine too many ideas' themes and colours!

If you have not received a copy of the new Qualatex catalogue they are all available on the Qualatex website along with seasonal supplements. Just click here for a direct link.


Wedding trends are not just about colour, they are also about theme idea's too, I will be looking at this years theme's and posting my findings in one of my future blogs! 

There is also a great article in Balloon IMAGES JAN/FEB/MAR 2013 - 'Celebrate Weddings in Style', page 12-14 - a truly great read if you have not read it yet!

Happy Ballooning!

Sue
www.suebowler.com

3 comments:

vetrafurniture said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and it is both informative and interesting. Balloon

ZoopGo Home services said...

It's been Nice to see such articles: Thank you for sharing, i would love to share in
Caterers in Gurgaon Group

Anonymous said...

Amazing Write Up!! I would Love to share in Caterers in Ghaziabad Groups